Thursday 30 September 2010

INTERVIEW: Top Model Rachel Joy Shares Her Music

Having followed Rachel Joy's progression over the last 4 years, from her early steps on the runway to her current status as a highly successful international model, Fashion Beat TV caught up with her to talk about life on the road and the importance of music.

To see Rachel in action check out film maker Ray Moody's video of her on FBtv.
Rachel Joy
Fashion Beat tv: Where in the World are you at the moment?

Rachel Joy: I'm currently in Sydney, Australia for 2 more weeks then I will be in New York.

FBtv: How has working in different countries and being exposed to their cultures influenced you as a person and in your work?

Traveling is one of the main reasons I enjoy my work so much! I have learned a lot by spending time in different countries. Each city has its own unique flare from the history, fashion, food and the coffee! I've picked up the basics from many languages which helps a lot when it comes to working with the clients.

FBtv: How important is music to you?

RJ: I love music! But not a particular genre..my music taste ranges from classical to reggae and even some cheesy pop if the mood is right... yes its very important to me, I listen to music all day, everyday!

FBtv: Which tracks are on your playlist at the moment?

Ray Charles - I got a woman
Led Zeppelin - Babe im gonna leave you
Gyptian - Hold yuh
Nicki Minaj - beam me up scotty
Kanye West - Monster

FBtv: Does music influence your persona and style in any way?
Music has influenced me to dance. I'm learning Tango and Street urban, but i think i have my own personal style that doesn't relate to music, its just me!

FBtv: Where can we see you next?

Keep your eye out for various things, I'm about ;)
Rachel Rocks Out

No comments:

Post a Comment